It has been my pleasure to be a member of Healing A Woman's Soul, Inc .for 11 years. We are a group of volunteers who really care about domestic violence victims and their children. Currently, I am the Chair Person for the Board of Trustees and I have traveled more than 4500 miles this year on behalf of shelter residents and women starting their lives once again.
Founded in 2008 by Mother Anne Curtin, we continue to work diligently in spite of the scourge of COVID 19. When domestic victims shelter residents could not come out of the shelter for Retreats, we came to them with supplies, necessities and hope.
In fact, we have completed the following projects:
- Delivered 4 Chrome Books for shelters to enable children and adults to continue their schooling
- We gathered and delivered new and used clothing, bedding, personal care products, toys and household items
- We have remembered shelter residents at Christmas, Easter and Mother's Day with thoughtful bags of everyday survival tools.
- We have reminded the public of the difficulties experienced by survivors and provided important telephone numbers to assist them
- We have provided children in Shelters with school supplies and biographical books and creative posters to encourage them to think positively.
We look forward to the time when COVID 19 is a distant memory and we can hold public Retreats and Fundraisers to support our efforts. Please consider a donation to assist us as we continue to make a difference.
Board Chair Person