Just because a person (man or woman) doesn’t grab you nor hit you doesn’t mean they aren’t abusive. Abuse is also:
– When they put you down or humiliate you in front of others.
– When they call you a bitch, whore, or cunt.
– When they accuse you of being “too sensitive” or “too emotional.”
– When they insist on checking your phone to see who texts and calls you.
– When they decide where you can and can’t go, who you can and can’t see.
– When they try to isolate you from family and friends.
– When they don’t believe you and accuse you of wrongdoing.
– When they blame you for their problems or life difficulties.
– When they don’t even care whether you cry yourself to sleep because of something they did.
Don’t tolerate emotional abuse thinking it’s OK because it’s not physical. Don’t be the person who loves them enough to stay. Be the person who loves themselves enough to leave.
Written by Arthur Ruiz. See more by visiting his blog.